Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Musical Analysis #1

 The song I am looking at today is called am I wrong by Nico and Vinz. This song came out in 2013 with very popular reviews .I have read several pages of reviews. From those comments this song received a 5 out of 5. Most people count this song as pop while others claim jazz, funk,highlife. Personally I think this is a pop song. 



https://youtu.be/bg1sT4ILG0w

Lyrics 
This is a very reputable source to view the lyrics for Am I wrong. Nico and Vinz talk about following your heart and doing what you want. Making your own path and following your dreams. I was 13 when this came out right around the time kids want freedom but also are pressured to figure out what to do for the future. I think this song got popular for that relatable reason. 
Timpo/BPM 
Am I wrong is a upbeat pop song. Many people dance, clean, or sing to. According to note discover this song was in the key of C minor. This songs BPM was conducted at 120. 120 BPM puts this song in the moderato scale for speed. 
Chords 
According to chord zone am I wrong has 4 courts through the song. I was a little surprised since it was so catchy and sounds like a lot is going on. The song dose have some reputation and after  re-listening  to it that makes since. 






1 comment:

  1. I really like this songs mixture of almost traditional african music and a modern style of music the combination of what sounded like african drums and the electric almost techno sound resonated with me alot. I definently understand why you as a thirteen year old resonated with this song. The lyrics really do have the appeal of wanting to do your own thing. However, thats where the appeal stopped for me personally. I don't entirely agree with the lyrics. For me the lyrics make it seem like its bad to get help from others when following your goals. Like the bridge in particular seems a little too much like don't listen to anyones advice and only go after goals you can't even see. I understand what its trying to say. However, I feel that the way its saying it isn't quite the way to say it.

    ReplyDelete

Powerful Role Music Has on Society.

Music is so important for society. When I was brainstorming for this project my first thought is music does 2 main things. First helps peopl...