Monday, October 4, 2021

Music Analysis 2

 In light of the fresh snow that has fallen in Fairbanks I choose a band/ song that reminds me of a song you would play on the drive to the lake in summer. Grouplove is the name of the band. Grouplove came out with Tongue Tied in 2011 and was popular enough to be featured in a Apple I pod touch commercial. 

Structure 

    Songs can be structured in many ways. Some structures are more common than others. According to genius the structure for Tongue Tied is into, verse 1, chorus, verse2, chorus, bridge, chorus, verse 3, chorus, and intro. It’s interesting when you take the time to break a song down how much it becomes a story. 

Rhythm 

    Grouplove made a very upbeat dancing rhythm. Tongue Tied has a constant rhythm that is difficult to explain without the song playing or the music to read. I think its interesting the song dose not repeat that much keeping the listening ears listening. 

Tempo 

    Tongue Tied is considered to be in the rock genre of music. The tempo goes a long with that statement, 113 BPM lasting the whole song about three minutes and 38 seconds. This song will get you up and moving with a smile. 

Pitch 

    The pitch is actually fairly low. The song is so upbeat you would thing there would be a loud bright voice on the other side of the microphone but listeners don’t get that. The voices of the artists are fairly low while the instruments carry our ears through the song with a brighter louder pitch. 

Harmony 

    Harmony is peace something good to listen to. When a listener listens to Tonge Tied that’s what they get. The two artists Ryan Rabin and Captain Cuts have perfect harmony with their voices while the instruments play off of each other in perfect harmony. 

I hope with all of this new knowledge about Tonge Tied you go check it out if you haven’t listened to it and if you have heard of this song I hope you enjoy all of this new information like Idid. 

    Works Cited 

 https://genius.com/Grouplove-tongue-tied-lyrics

https://songbpm.com/@grouplove/tongue-tied



1 comment:

  1. I didn’t know if I knew this song and as soon as the keyboard started, it brought a big smile to my face. I think most have heard this at some time or another. And I agree with you, it really does have a carefree summertime vibe. I was surprised to see that the song’s genre was rock. I’d say it was more Alternative.

    I’m always interested in the bands when I read these musical analyses. I did a bit of research and found that the band met in Greece and a few members were attending an artist’s commune. It also included an interview with Christian Zucconi, which was interesting. He talked about how the song came together. It seemed like such a simple process and they ended up being so famous for it!

    Here is the link:
    http://submergemag.com/tag/grouplove-talks-about-their-hit-tongue-tied/

    Great song choice and analysis!
    -Doris Miller

    ReplyDelete

Powerful Role Music Has on Society.

Music is so important for society. When I was brainstorming for this project my first thought is music does 2 main things. First helps peopl...